Friday, August 19, 2011

Just because you are a Republican doesn't necessarily mean you are an unprincipled idiot

Some time back I noted CNN columnist David Frum's commentary on the debt "crisis" as evidence that there are some decent folks in the Republican party.

Now Republican presidential candidate and former Utah governor Jon Huntsman shows some real courage, setting himself apart from his colleagues with this tweet from yesterday:

To be clear. I believe in evolution and trust scientists on global warming. Call me crazy.

No, Mr. Huntsman, you are not crazy. Misguided on most issues, maybe, but at least you call it as you see it. And you have a sense of humor too, judging from this follow-up tweet:

I wonder if a tweet where I admit how much I like Captain Beefheart will make the followers skyrocket even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment