Saturday, August 27, 2011

The World I Know

Collective soul. This is one of my favorite songs, and probably my favorite music video ever. It's hard to watch this without getting choked up, and I definitely can relate to how the guy in this video feels. And I love that moment toward the end, when the pigeon lands on the guy's arm and suddenly the color comes back into his life. When he gets that sort of stunned expression on his face as he looks at the pigeon I get kind of nervous because maybe he forgot that he's standing of the edge of that roof.

I really miss the old MTV that showed music videos (get it? MTV? as in... Music TV?). I always kind of liked that device in a lot of the music videos where as the story of the video played out, the singer would just sort of show up in the background, like on this video where he's sitting on the bus that the protagonist is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment